It's the season for thunder and lightning storms. Our days have been hot and dry and though the nights have been bringing dry lightning storms and power outages, last night's storm was full of thunder booms and rain. It was wonderful! I love storms! I woke up this morning to the most beautiful sky... the air was clean with that fresh rain scent and the sky was clearing of the the last remnants of dark, oppressive clouds, making way for another gloriously sunny day. I captured this shot looking WNW from the house toward the valley at about a quarter to seven this morning. I love how the sun alights on just the one section, breaking through that dark cloud up above. The colors remind me of an old Charlie Russell painting.
All Rights Reserved © Life Through A Lens Blog 2009

5 comments:
Sara, that is STUNNING!! I love the texture!
BEAUTIFUL!!!
Breathtaking picture!!!
The colours in this are amazing Sara! You live in a beautiful place!
This is amazing! Love the shot!
Post a Comment