This ugly, icky critter tried moving in near our front door. Had another one like him near the back patio door. Neither of them are living any longer. Anyone have an idea what it is (other than spider)? It's HUGE... at least the size of a quarter, if not half-dollar... so about an inch to inch and a half. Which doesn't sound huge in and of itself, but a spider that size?!?! Ick. And he was FAT... big, round body and long legs that spread pretty far once he opened up. *shiver* I'm so glad he's gone.
All Rights Reserved © Life Through A Lens Blog 2009

5 comments:
Yuck, gross, gag, ick, bleck!!! BIG *shiver* I HATE spiders!!!!
Ewwwwwww! gag, ack, shudder!
Oh.my.word. I hate spiders!
Wonder if it is a type of tarantula? The ones I'm familiar with are black, but there could be multi-colored ones.
I was thinking tarantula too. There are approximately 900 species of them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula "body length of tarantulas ranges from 2.5–10 cm (1–4 inches), with 8- to 30-cm (3- to 12-inch) leg spans (their size when including their legs)."
Um, ok. Y'know, I LOVE the pics of the amazing scenery where you live but right now I'm so very glad to live in the city in a cold climate, lol! I'm also very glad to hear he's gone :} Cool you captured it though!
Post a Comment